The East Wanneroo Primary School Board has established a dress code for all students from Pre-Primary to Year 6. We believe a dress code instils pride in the school; fosters and enhances the public image for the school, assists in building school and team spirit; ensures students are safely and appropriately dressed for specific school activities, encourages equity among students, and prepares students for work.
The School Uniform:
- Burgundy and navy knit shirt (collar + 3 buttons) with school emblem.
- Navy windcheater worn all seasons. No hoods or logos other than school emblem.
- Navy school shorts, tracksuit pants or trousers.
- Navy skirt or skort. *Bike shorts or leggings may only be worn under a skirt or shorts.
- A sports uniform may be worn on allocated sports/PE days. This consists of:
- Faction colour polo shirt with Navy stripe (collar + 3 buttons) with school logo.
- Faction Colours: Pinjar (yellow), Joondalup (red), Goollelal (blue), Jandabup (green)
- Navy shorts, skort or trackpants.
- Appropriate footwear, (no thongs, skate shoes or ugg boots).
- Jewellery, with the exception of sleepers or stud earrings in the ears, is not to be worn.
- Make up, coloured hair or nail polish is not considered appropriate for school unless part of a performance.
- Shoulder length hair or longer must be tied up.
- All students are required to wear a hat during outdoor play and activities. East Wanneroo Primary School is a SunSmart school and all students must wear a navy bucket or wide brimmed hat.
- Children going on excursions or participating in school functions must wear full school uniform.
Modification to The Dress Code
Parents of students who for religious or health reasons, may wish to modify the Dress Code can make an appointment with the Principal to discuss this. Staff will be informed of any student granted modification to the Dress Code.
Advice to Parents on the Dress Code
- Families experiencing difficulties in purchasing uniforms should contact the School.
- Parents of students not following the Dress Code will be informed and asked to deliver uniform items to school, if available.
- Those unable to supply a uniform will be supported to obtain suitable clothing, for example, second hand uniforms are available.
- Student will be instructed to remove nail polish / make up.